Making a Brooch Frame out of Cotton for an Embroidery
If you want to make a brooch out of an embroidery, there's a good idea how to frame it.
- Your embroidery.
- Cotton fabric for patchwork.
- 5 mm cord.
- Czech beads No. 10.
- Threads or monofilament.
- Moment Crystal Glue.
- Needles, scissors; a pencil.
- Thick cardboard, thick leather or suede, a brooch pin.
1. My embroidery is 5 cm.
2. The secret of beautiful, smooth frames — thin but dense fabric cut on the bias thread.
3. Fold it and start basting:
Overlap it at 1-1.5 cm.
4. Add the cord and glue it:
5. Gently wrap the cloth around the cord:
6. You can prepare a set of materials for decoration:
Now glue the cardboard and leather/sued to the backside:
Remember to add the pin:
And some more examples of my textile brooches:
Thank you for your attention!