I'm an artist, have been working with children of different age for 5 years. This DIY would be interesting even for children 8-13 years, too. Let's start our creative lesson!
1. Cardboard (take a shoes box, but see that it was not glossy and with pictures)
Cardboard should not be thin, take a piece of an average thickness — it shoud be cut with scissors.
2. PVA glue
3. Any paint: acrylic, tempera, gouache
4. Decor here is to your taste — rhinestones, beads, buttons, sequins, anything you want, feel free!
5. Two simple matches
So, begin to create the cancer
1. Cut out all the parts of the body
2. Glue, stick and wait for about 10 minutes
3. Paint in the colours of space: purple, black, blue, white, some yellow
You can paint with a brush, and use a tool for mixing — a palette knife.
4. Stars. Take a wide brush, dip it in water, then in white paint and sprinkle.
5. Decorate the cancer, stick shiny things to it.
6. The matches are the eyes of the cancer, we paint and glue them, but it is better to insert cardboard if it is wide enough.
Aand the space cancer is ready! It can be gifted as a zodiac sign! Thank you for your attention! Good luck!
By Elena Melnikova