Welcome to all who are interested in my master class!
Straight to the point!
Materials we will need:
- Body fabric (body or beige calico, thick cambric, not knitwear).
- Body fabric (white or colored, depending on the intended color scheme of the doll's clothing), preferably of the same quality as the body fabric. Not knitwear.
- The hollowfiber or polyester batting for padding.
- The fabric for the jumpsuit.
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Finishing materials: lace, buttons, beads – beads-to your taste.
- Wool or acrylic threads - for hairstyles.
And, in fact, the process itself! :-)
1. We start by cutting out the details of the doll's body.
Patterns of all parts of the body are located in the same direction (white and beige fabric) - preferably on the shared thread of the fabric. This is very important in order to end up with the same length and thickness of the arms and legs. We also cut out the details of the torso.
When cutting all parts, we must leave a seam allowance, approximately0. 5 cm
Fold one part of the leg beige and white face to face, sew
We adjust the received parts together face to face, combine the seams and sew them together
On the same principle, we sew the second leg, arms and torso
2. Before you turn out the details, you must make cuts in all the concave places close to the line and only then turn out.
3. Tightly fill the body parts with holofiber. If sintepon is used, it must first be crushed.
The peculiarity of leg stuffing is that you first need to fill the lower part of the leg tightly-up to the knee, then using a horizontal stitch with a pin to form the knee – in order for the leg to bend. And then not very tightly fill the upper part of the leg.
4. The lower edge of the trunk is bent by about0. 5 cm, smetyvaem. Sew the doll's legs with a secret seam alternately in a circle, combining the side seams of the trunk and legs. At the same time, make sure that the legs are the same length.
5. The classic Tilda's hands are decorated with lace like this:
In the same way, the seam connecting the body and white parts of the trunk is closed.
Then the hands are sewn to the body with a secret seam.
I want my doll to wear a blouse. So I cut out the sleeves of my blouse like this:
I bend the lower edges of the sleeves and stretch the figure line with contrasting threads, to match the future jumpsuit. The top of the sleeve is rolled out with wide stitches for Assembly, the same line is made just above the middle of the sleeve. I fold the sleeve in half with my face inside, fold it into a "tube", pull the Assembly lines, turn them out. I put on the sleeve, on the pre-sewn hand, and manually sew small secret stitches. We also sew on the second sleeve.
6. Go to the jumpsuit. We cut out all the details, make sure they are the same location on the fabric.
7. We sew the details of the pockets on two sides, the details of the screen and the straps on three sides.
8. In order to sew the pockets, put them between the two parts of the pants and stretch the side seams.
Unfold the resulting blanks, fold face to face, combining the side seams and pockets, and then sew the front seam of the pants. Again, we expand and check the symmetry of the pockets. Sew the pockets with decorative stitching along the edge to the pant leg.
Fold the details of the cuffs along, face out. Sew the cuff to the bottom of the pants, placing it on the wrong side of the leg with the open edge down. We process the seam.
9. Cut out the belt-a strip 3 cm wide. Fold it in half, iron it. Apply to the pants. From the top to the center, place the screen and straps around the edges. We mark all the details or pin them with pins. Stitch.
Remove the outline or pins, turn the straps and screen up, make a finishing line on the upper edge of the belt, thereby fixing the details. Fold the pants in half, combine the edges and sew the back seam.