How to Make Textile Magnets, or Sewing a Couple of Lovebird Dolls
I offer you to sew a couple of small lovebird dolls for yourself or as a gift.
Mine turned out about 15 cm.
- Fabric for face — 2 pieces 15 by 10 cm.
- Fabric for clothes — 2 types — pieces about 15 by 10 cm
- Waxed cord about 55-60 cm.
- Wooden beads for the legs — 4 pcs.
- Wool for felting or yarn for hair.
- Needles for felting.
- Magnets — 2 pcs.
- Cosmofen glue or superglue.
- Ribbons/beads/rhinestones for decoration.
- Acrylic paint to draw the eyes and mouth, blush or pastels for rouge.
- Sewing tools: sewing machine, a needle for hand sewing and a needle with a large eye, a needle for felting, scissor and zigzag.
Follow the steps below as pictured:
When the bodies are ready, stuff them. Insert the legs and arms with the large-eye needle:
I made such couples — I was experimenting with outfits and hairstyles :)
Thank you for taking the time, good luck with creative work!