On the eve of the St. Valentine's Day, as well as as part of my creative project on a velvet embroidered handbag and a box for it, I present a variant of its decorative design.
The tutorial shows the cut, sewing and stuffing of parts, landing on ribbons and woolen threads, attaching the entire composition to the box.
The pattern is made on a piece of paper in a box for easy counting and transferring sizes, and contrasting threads used in the sewing process, in order to make the tutorial material more visible.
Enjoy your creativity,
You will need:
- 4 pieces of velvet 8x8 cm;
- squared piece of paper for transferring the pattern of the heart;
- threads to match the velvet and a needle;
- black marker, scissors;
- pins — 2 PCs;
- metal rings with a diameter of 0.7-0.9 mm — 2 pieces;
- satin ribbon of the appropriate color — 50 cm;
- woolen thread thick (I have a painted one in shades of pink) — 50 cm;
- sewing machine (optional — can be replaced by sewing by hand, strong back stitch);
- a piece of padding (enough segment 20x20 cm);
- glue "Moment crystal" for gluing on any decorative element or, in my case, on a velvet box.
- We will make two heart pendants. You need to take the first two pieces of velvet and connect them to each other with the front sides faced inside.
- On the sheet in the squared paper to transfer the pattern: I specified the dimensions in centimeters and in cells; cut the pattern along the contour, folding it twice on the fold.
- The cut-out heart-pattern should be applied to the prepared parts of the velvet and circled with a black marker along the contour, leaving notches for the subsequent turning of the part.
- Attaching parts of the velvet with a pin and stitch on the machine along the contour, leaving not sewn between notches to turn (the second option is to flash it manually without using a sewing machine, a back stitch).
- Trim the velvet, retreating from the stitched contour 0.5 cm margin, then make cuts on this margin of 0.1 mm with scissors.
- Unscrew the part. For turning corners, you can use a non-sharpened pencil. Check the symmetry of the inverted sides.
- Fill the padding tightly, paying attention to the symmetry of the sides of the padding, otherwise the heart will not be neat.
- Sew with a secret stitch, manually, the place of stuffing. The second heart should be sewn in the same way.
- Sew manually to the upper middle of the hearts on a metal ring, secure, remove the remaining thread.
- From the satin ribbon, tie a bow, leave the ends of any length. Take a piece of wool thread, fold it in half, and fasten it with a secure knot. Take a thread and a needle, and sew a woolen thread to the back of the satin bow, at the site of the knot.
- Insert the ends of the attached wool thread on the heart, the ends are folded together and fastened with a common knot, the knot is also sewn to the back of the satin bow.
- Take the glue "Moment crystal" and glue the back of the satin bow with knots of woolen threads sewn to it to the surface of the box.