Today I offer to make a cute set: a vanity case and an eyeglass case.
So, you need:
|- top fabric (45x45 cm)||- ruler|
|- lining fabric (45x45 cm)||- stationery round knife|
|- fabric for piping (45x45 cm)||- cutting mat|
|- batting||- scissors|
|- 2 zips||- tailor's marker|
Stock up with good mood and begin.
Assemble a sandwich for quilting. Iron the batting and gather all in this order:
- lining with the right side up
- top fabric with the right side down
This time I chose the feather pattern:
Now cut out a bias tape with the 4.5 cm width at an angle of 45 degrees along the lengthwise thread, combine pieces in one tape:
Now cut out all main parts — four rectangles: two pieces 20х11 cm and two pieces 28х21 cm. The top corners are rounded any convenient way:
First, make the eyeglass case.
1. Stitch the bias tape on the rounded corners:
2. Sew the zip. Make one seam closer to the chain:
Iron the zip to make it softier for stitching:
Then tuck the tape and stitch it at 1 mm from the edge:
3. Zip the chain; sew the tail, cut off the excess and scorch:
4. Treat the lower cuts with the bias tape:
5. Put the details with the back sides together and baste the straight edge in one direction and then in the other:
6. Tack the sides:
Fold and stitch the edges. Then treat the corners withthe bias tape:
The eyeglass case is ready!
Now, the vanity case.
Repeat steps 1, 2, 4 and 5:
The sides are sewn manually at 10-12 cm from the bottom:
And then the corners are joined and sewn to shape the bottom:
That's all, the set is ready! You can reward yourself with chocolate and applause :)
I'd be happy to answer your questions in comments :)