Sometimes my favourite customers share with me very interesting ideas. One of these ideas was the creation of a cap from the film About Rotkappchen:
I say 'Thank you!' to Elena Vashkevich from the city of Berdsk and her order — this is how this tutorial was born!
- red felt, 2 mm thick, 2 sheet size 50 x 50 cm
- red threads
- nail scissors with bent ends
- tailor scissors
- ballpoint pen
I developed a pattern for adults (head circumference 56-58 cm). If you need a pattern for kids, reduce the base of the pattern by 1 cm form all sides, then transfer the drawing using all elements from the pattern for adults (not reducing it).
The pattern for adult:
Detail 1 — the upper part of the cap with openwork edges. It's on two A4 paper sheets.
Detail 25 — the back of the cap.
1. Cut out detail 1 out of felt:
Make Detail 2 out of remains.
2. Apply the pattern:
3. Cut out the pattern on Detail 1 with the nail scissors.
You get this:
4. Pin Detail 1 and 2 to each other:
5. And sew manually:
6. Add laces passing them through the round holes:
Tie the laces:
All is done!
Enjoy the result!
Thank you all!