I want to share with you my step-by-step tutrorial on creating eyes of wool for toys. Often it happens that the toy is ready but you lack the right eyes. And then your favorite felt comes to the aid, it is always at hand! Do not underestimate it. So embark on this exciting task.
1. To start with, prepare all necessary tools and materials:
- brush for felting
- carded wool of right colours
- needle for felting
2. Take a piece of wool prepared made for the eyes.
3. Calculate whether it will fit in size.
4. Then start felting it.
5. Try to keep a hemispherical shape.
6. To make the eyes more beautiful, add a piece of wool of a different shade.
7. That's what comes out.
8. And one more colour to the bottom, lighter one, to sketch a reflex.
9. Felt with the needle only.
10. The result.
11. Of course, there should be a pupil in the eye. Tear off a small piece of black wool and apply to see the size.
13. Now make the eyelid. To do this, tear off a piece of wool with the size equal to the width of the eye.
14. Roll the piece of wool in half to make a smooth edge.
15. Work the edge with three needles bound in a bundle.
17. Process the edge at a tangent with one needle to give it the density and make smoother.
18. It should look like that after treatment.
19. With the help of black colour, decorate the edge of the eyelid to give the effect of eyelashes.
20. For that, roll a cord of wool and felt to the border of the lid.
21. Here's the result you need.
22. Take the blank of the eyelid, attach it to the top of the eye and felt with three needles to the base (head).
23. Work around the eye with the needle to give more accurate line.
24. To make the eyes sparkle, add some light. Use a tiny piece of white wool.
25. Work with one needle.
26. Sketch the border of the lower eyelid under the eye, use a lighter shade of gray. Roll a cord and felt it with one needle.
27. The eyes are ready!
I hope this DIY was interesting and useful.