Today I want to show you how to make a laptop table with a soft cushion. It is very convenient to put this table on your lap — the laptop is less hot, and it is much more comfortable to sit with it like that! I will show you two variants of pillows, one with New Year's decorations, and the second is more functional, with a stopper on the top and a landing pad for a mouse. But at the same time I will show you how you can make a self-adhesive stencil, if you don't have one.
To make a table you will need:
- A piece of plywood or furniture board for the base (about 34*45cm).
- Bars for the top of the Christmas table or two pieces of plywood for a "modern" variant.
- A piece of foam for the soft base or fabric for a case and foam balls for stuffing. If you make a case, you will need two pieces of about 40*50 cm.
- Fabric for the soft base. It is better to take not very bright and dense fabric, for example denim will be perfectly! I took dense cotton. You will need about 60*80 cm for one base.
- A staple gun (if you don't have one, you can glue fabric to the base, and put in small nails or studs for durability. But frankly speaking, staples are more reliable).
- Glue for wood or construction white glue.
- Paints, lacquer, and gold leaf for decoration (depending on your preference).
- For a table with a shelf for a mouse you will also need a small paraffin candle or a handle for a shelf — you can attach a small furniture handle or take a piece of thick leather, like I did.