The DIY project is unique because it describes a working process on a piece of wood with a unique natural shape. This means you can create a thing if you find such basic material :)
The tutorial is performed by my dad Mikhail.
1. I got two birch pieces of unusual shapes:
2. I removed the bark, cleaned and sanded the surface:
3. There was a crumbly part I cleaned, treated and filled with a sawdust and glue mixture:
4. Then I found an image and started revealing it:
5. Finally, the moment of joining two parts into a unity. I used PVA glue and such metal tool:
6. After the glue dried, I added small birch inserts to bring some more mystery:
7. Carved a head out of a piece of basswood.
8. Glued it to the figurine:
9. Then processed the junction, varnished the birdy. See the result form all sides!