With the help of this DIY you will learn how to sew a vanity-bag with a zip.
So, you need:
1. Scraps of fabric 13*25 cm — 2 pcs, 10*25 cm — 1 piece (or a 34*25 cm cloth if you don't sew from pieces).
2. Rep ribbon with a width of 22 mm — length 120 cm
3. A piece of fabric for lining — 34*25 cm
4. Zip, 30 cm (or more, can be shortened).
5. Thread of matching colour.
And a couple of hours.
Pin the details, just overlap as shown in the photo. The top is hidden with braid. Stitch it around the edges.
Fold the main detail in half and sew the side seams, iron them.
Shape the bottom of the bag. To do this, combine each side seam with the central line of the bottom. Mark the outline as shown in the photo, its length should be 3.5 cm, stitch and cut the seam allowance of 0.7 cm
Tutn the vanity-bag outside in.
Similarly sew the lining.
Put the lining into the bag and pin along the top edge.
Pin the zip as shown in photo. The beginning of the zip are bent upward as in the photo. The second end of the zip remains free inside the bag.
Baste all together.
The rest of the rep ribbon is folded in half lengthwise and is basted to the upper edge of the bag together with the zip and lining.
Stitch it on the machine.
I also made a strap and the cut of the zip inside the bag.
The vanity-bag is ready!