Let`s create a stylized sunflower in quilling technique. You can use ready-made strips of paper for quilling, I cut them out myself. So, do not pay attention to the length of my strips :)
For work, we will need: strips of colored paper, toothpick, glue pencil, superglue (or PVA glue), stamp pad and good mood.
1. It is necessary to choose the color scheme of the future flower. I have chosen: light green, pale yellow, yellow, gold, black. I will use the strips of 3 mm wide, 7 mm wide and 1 cm wide. You can take 5 mm instead of 3 mm. Make sure you use a glue stick of a high quality.
2. Start twisting a roll out of a light green strip.
3. Fasten the end of the strip on the roll.
4. Glue the beginning of a new strip end-to-end to the first strip on the roll.
6. Glue the beginning of a pale yellow strip, twist it.
7. Glue the beginning of a yellow strip to the roll, twist.
8. Our pith is ready.
9. Carefully shape the core of the sunflower.
10. Overturn the pith, fill it with glue. Wait till dry.
11. While the pith dries, begin making a fringe out of strips 7 mm wide.
12. Glue the fringe, twist.
13. I have finished twisting the fringe, make it even.
14. Turn it over, pour the glue on the fringe.
15. Glue a black fringe made out of strip 1 cm wide.
16. Twist and fix (the end) the black fringe, make it even.
17. Turn the pith over, pour the flue on the black fringe.
18. I have made yellow and gold rolls of free shape. Yellow rolls are 16 mm in diameter, gold are 14 mm.
Using forceps, make the petals tails.
19. Calculate approximate number of required petals. Place them to see.
20. Turn the pith over and glue the yellow petals to it.
21. Prepare gold petals. Apply stamp pad on the tips of yellow and gold petals.
22. You can see that the edges of yellow and gold petals are slightly toned.
23. Turn over an almost ready flower :) Glue the golden petals. Wait till dry.
24. Our stylized sunflower is ready :)
You can make this sunflower a fridge magnet, decor for cards/boxes/jewelery boxes, create a decorative board.