Handmade beaded jewelry has lately become a must-have accessory for many fashionistas. A variety of rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets with small or large beads can be bought in shops or custom-made by professional seamstresses or talented needlewomen. In addition, for many girls, making jewelry from beads has long been a favorite pastime.
I wish you all pleasant watching.
Tools and materials for a beaded jewelry
To create a unique beaded jewelry you need special tools and materials.
If you decide to make this jewelry, prepare the following tools, materials and fixtures:
- tongs — you need them to pull the needle that does not freely passes through a bead;
- a nail file — I use it to polish sharp edges of metal fasteners;
- a pencil.
If you are going to make DIY necklaces or earrings, you will need nylon thread.
In the process of making jewelry you can use different types of beads.
There are the following kinds of beads depending on the material used in their production:
There are different shapes of beads:
- simple beads — usual seed beads with holes for stringing;
- bugle beads — is a modification of seed beads in the form of elongated tubes with holes for stringing;
- two-cut beads — short tubes with a hole for stringing.