A costume party or a school fest s a thing to take part in, so be always ready to invent extraordinary costume from nothing :) We're making a lush short skirt from disposable tablecloth.
Materials and tools:
- disposable tablecloths — 2-4 pcs
- needle and thread
- safety pin — 1 pc
- glue gun
I'm telling the process step by step.
1. Take one tablecloth and fold it in half along the short side, a little before reaching the edge, as shown in the photo.
2. Then fold again, just a couple of cm before reaching the edge (the video shows this process a little clearer).
Here are the layers: two light thin bottom layers and top one with a neat double folded edge.
3. Fix the upper bend with pins.
4. Sew the upper edge stepping back 1.5-2 cm, depending on the width of the elastic. The pins can be removed:
5. Take the elastic, fix its end in a safety pin and push it through the sewn edge:
6. Make three more alike details.
7. String them all on the elastic.
8. Fix the second end of the elastic with the safety pin, too.
9. Then stick one lay to another with the glue gun. First the lower layer.
Then the middle one.
And finally the top one.
10. You can add some gathers:
11. Then I pulled out the pins, tied the elastic on my waist. And hid the knot with a voluminous bow of the same material:
That's all! Our bright and very showy dress is ready for any costume party!
Thank you for your attention!