I present my first master class :) The weaving technique is called a "nine point star" — and I'm happy to share this experience.
So, you need:
- Miyuki round seed beads 15/0 in two colours
- Delica beads 11/0 in two colors, the same as Miyuki 15/0
- Swarovski Rivoli 14mm — 2 pcs
- earring fixture — 1 pair
- thread / fireline, needles
- thin chain (~50 cm) and 4 connecting rings, if you decide to decorate bezelled Rivoli with flowers
I usually use Fireline. Cut a long thread with a store for all bezel.
First, decide which colour is the "main".
Step 1 — weaving a beaded bezel for a Rivoli
I made the base striped, and it makes a little diversity :)
1. Pick 36 Delica beads, alternating colours one by one, close the ring. Go on with a bead of the extra color.
I leave the "tail" of the thread quite long and then use it to weave the backside. When finished, both ends are neatly tied and the knot is hidden behind. I think it's more reliable. :) You can use the way you got used to.
2. Weave 1 row using the main Delica colour.
3. Take round seed beads size 15/0 of the extra colour, make one row of them, tighten a little. At the end, pull the needle through the first bead of this row. Stripes are already appearing :)
4. Take round seed beads size 15/0 of the main colors, weave another row, tighten and pass the needle in the central row of Delica (as shown in the picture). Soon it is used again.
5. Move to the opposite side. It is weaved with the second end of the thread (or, if you are accustomed to weaving everything with one thread, you should pass the thread on the opposite side). Take 15/0 beads of the extra color. In this case you cover the entire underside.
Start weaving a row with a mosaic design — just the same way.
6. Then insert the crystal and make one more row.
7. Beginning to pick by 5 round beads and inweave them over 2 beads of the previous row:
8. Pass the needle through the 3rd of 5 beads (the top of a "petal"), pick 3 beads and pass the needle through the 3rd bead of the next "petal". Get other 6 petals.
9. And bring the needle into the top os a small petal and pick only one bead. Thus, you connect all 6 tops. Our bezel is ready!
Step 2 — Weaving a nine point star
1a. As you remember, you've passed one end of the thread into the central row of Delica (beads of the extra colour, marked red in the photo).
Begin the first row. Pick 2 main round beads 15/0 and pass the needle through the next Delica of the central row.
1B. Next, one Delica of the main color and again pass through the next Delico the central row. So, alternating, weave the whole row.
2a. Pass the needle through the base for the first star point, pick 2 beads 15/0 and go into the second base of the previous row.
2b. Next, follow the pattern:
2c. At the last step, pass the needle through the bases of rows 1 and 2 — and get ready to weave row 3.
3. Follow the sceme:
4. Row 4:
5. Similarly, row 5:
If you plan to use a clasp — fasten it at this step. To do this, when you make other two bases on one of the star points, pass the fasteners of the clasp between them.
Pull. Finish the row.
6. Make the ends. Bring the thread into row 5 and take one round bead of the main colour. Pass the top row between the ends once again to strengthen all:
Bring the thread to the opposite side, zigzag and connect the two threads together. Tie a small knot. The ends of the thread are hidden. And — the main element of the star earrings is ready! It can be worn like that, or anything else may be added:
I hope all is clear! In any case, I'd be happy to answer all your questions!