It is no secret that indoor plants have a beneficial effect on people and improve the indoor climate. But what to do if there is no more space on the windowsill or ordinary flower pots are bored? Then we find a free corner in the room, wishing it more pleasing to the eye greenery, give the popular in the 70s of the last century macrame technique a more modern look and hang flowers from the ceiling. See how simple and original it is!
- 8 m of natural fiber rope — for example, agave;
- ceramic flower pot (about 10 cm in diameter);
- 4 small and 4 large wooden balls (through the holes of which the rope should be folded twice);
- wooden ring — for example, for curtains;
- masking tape;
- acrylic paint;
01. Paint the wooden ring and balls. Stick paint tape on the flower pot, creating a pattern. If necessary, apply several coats of paint. Let them dry. Peel off the tape while the last layer of paint is still wet and dry the pot well.
02. Cut the rope into 4 pieces each 2 m long
03. Fold them in half, pass them through the ring and secure them by making a loop.
04. Now you have 8 ropes hanging on the ring, each 1 m long. Divide them into 4 pairs. For convenience, you can attach the ring to the floor with masking tape, so that it does not slip during operation.
05. Pull each pair of ropes first through the small, then through the large wooden balls.
06. Measure 40 cm on each pair of ropes and tie a knot. You will get 4 nodes at the same height.
07. Now divide the pairs of ropes and tie each of them to the next one. You will get zigzags. The distance between the upper and lower row of nodules is 6 cm.
08. Tie the leftmost rope to the rightmost one. You will get a circle.
09. Repeat this procedure: once again divide the ropes and tie a new row of knots, stepping back from the previous 6 cm.
10. Gather all 8 ropes together and tie a large knot. Step back 6 cm from the previous row of knots and cut off the extra ends of the ropes, leaving the brush.
11. Insert a ceramic flower pot into the pot and hang it. The planters are ready!
This planter is a stylish and versatile accessory. For example, it can be used in the kitchen as a fruit bowl. And at a barbecue, you can easily create a romantic atmosphere with it — you just need to insert a deep glass candlestick with a candle in it.
Read more about Mollie Makes No. 3/2014 can be read