Letters From The Past: 3 Quick & Easy Sealing Wax Recipes
- Category: Lifehacks
- Practices: Different practices
Wax seal. What associations do you have when you hear this combination? An ancient scroll? A letter with a family seal or from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry? An interesting element of package decor?
All this one way or another refers to the external design of documents, letters and other papers. The beginning of its history begins in India, from where the sealing wax migrated to Europe and became popular in the Middle Ages. Then sealing wax was used for sealing important repositories and archives, as a broken seal (the material is very brittle) spoke of a violation of the integrity of information.
Moreover, the sealing wax itself was a very important element, as it carried a lot of information. Its color, size, and location could tell a lot about its owner.
Now the sealing wax is a decorative element for gift packing, invitations for holidays in ancient or vintage style or for company logos and its production.
But how can you make sealing wax at home and without much time? In this publication you will find 3 quick and easy recipes of sealing wax.
Recipe #1. Rosin + wax crayons
Materials: rosin (50 g), wax crayons (any color), a small candle (you can take the remains), a container for mixing rosin and crayons, a container for boiling water, a stick for mixing.
1) prepare a mixture of dry rosin and candle, place it, for example, in a small glass;
2) boil water in a medium-sized container and place a glass with the prepared dry mixture there, after a few minutes the rosin and wax will begin to melt;
3) to make the mixture homogeneous, stir it with a stick to the desired consistency;
4) add wax crayons and stir until smooth (if desired, you can add more wax crayons for a richer color);
5) remove the glass with sealing wax with ceasefire and proceed to create!
Recipe #2. Hot glue + acrylic paint
Materials: glue gun, any film, acrylic paints, rubber or silicone stamps (you can also use coins, buttons, etc.), brush, cold water.
1) squeeze a small puddle from the glue gun onto the film and let it cool (about half a minute);
2) take the stamp, moisten it in COLD water and gently press a drop of glue, let cool slightly and remove the stamp;
3) remove excess water with a paper towel;
4) paint the finished impression with acrylic paints;
5) after the paint dries, carefully remove the resulting print from the film.
The wax seal is ready!
Recipe #3. Modeling mass
Materials: modeling mass, rope, glue, coin, button or any other stamp, rolling pin, finishing varnish.
1) form a ball of the right size from the mass, you can give it any shape;
2) cut 15-20 cm of rope and flatten the resulting ball on it;
3) give the desired thickness of the print with a rolling pin;
4) make an impression of the selected stamp, carefully remove it and the rope;
5) bake the mass according to the instructions on the package;
6) coat the print with glitter varnish.
So you get another wax seal!
What recipe did you like the most? Share your results and recipes in the comments :)
All information is taken from public Internet resources.
If the article was useful to you, put "Like" and rate it on a star scale!
Thank you for reading!