I often buy candles, put them in a candlestick, light once or twice and forget about them. As a result, I get many of these half-candles. So, there is a choice — throw them away or feel pity? But there is another way, to make new candles.
In order to get 3 candles, you will need:
ordinary candles — 8 pieces;
coloured candles — 2 pieces;
glass (glass and plastic) — 2 pieces;
milk package — 1 piece;
A few useful tips to simplify the whole process:
1. Cut, break, crush candles. Remember, the smaller the paraffin, the faster it melts. Which saves time, it is important.
2. Try not to damage the wick (if you have complete candles, of course). It will be useful for a new candle.
3. Never throw away candle stubs or wax from used candles. It can be easily melted to get a new candle.
4. A candle can be of any shape. If you are going to make candles yourself, do not limit your imagination. After all, candle shape can repeat a package of milk or a bottle of yogurt, as well as any object that you like.
5. It can be of any colour, and it`s easy to make. In this video, I mixed wax from ordinary candles with colourful wax. But you can do differently — use wax crayons.