In this tutorial, I will tell you how to make a leather sunflower brooch. You will need yellow, green and black leather (0.6-0.8 mm thin); floristic wire; black stamens; clasp for brooches; PVA glue; decor: feathers of a peacock; beads; wire with diameter of 0.3 mm.
1. From yellow leather, cut out 12 petals for each row of the flower (patterns are given in full size). Apply glue on the back side of each petal with a solution of PVA glue, fold in half and twist.
2. When you are finished with the last petal, go back to the first, spin it, keeping natural folds, and leave till completely dry. So take turns to unwind all the details and let dry.
3-4. Bend the petals of the 3rd and 4th rows additionally, while they are wet, twisting them on the round handle of the brush.
5. On the dried petals of the 1st and 2nd row, apply the veins with a hot double knife (on a hard pillow), leading from the center to the top. If you have no special tools, it's okay, the flower will also be really beautiful!
6-7. From thin leather cut a circle with a diameter of 6 cm, draw a circle with a diameter of 3 cm in the centre — a platform for a terry middle. Glue the petals of the 1st row on the edge: 4 at first — against each other, and then glue 2 petals in between them.
8. Then glue the petals of the 2nd row in chessboard order.
9. Also, glue the petals of the 3rd row in a checkerboard order, but placing them with a back side up.
10. After that, glue the remaining small petals and press their base well to improve grip and lift the volume.
11. For parts of a sunflower, cut a strip of black leather of any length of 0,7-1 cm wide, cut it into fine fringe.
12. Twist the strip to the desired diameter of the middle (about 3 cm), and glue the end.
13. Then glue the back side of the circle and let dry. Puff the middle, pressing the terry side against a flat surface. In this case, the fringe will disperse to the sides and the top diameter of the middle will increase to 5 cm.
14. For the black middle not to be too contrasting, paint the edges with golden acrylic paint (apply paint on a sponge).
15-16. The middle can be (but not necessarily) supplemented with stamens. To do this, tie a thick bundle in the middle and, spreading in a circle, fix this position with a small circle of leather. Stick the stamens at the bottom of the middle.
17-18. Then glue the sides of the leather middle and press in the fist stamens for a few minutes, so they look up.
19. Glue the middle in the center of the flower, abundantly gluing the pad.
20. Cut out a couple of leaves from green leather, glue the floral wire from the back side in the center of the leaf and hide it, forming a fold in the middle (or seal it with a leather strip — leton).
21. To finish the back side of the flower (not necessarily) cut 12 petals for sepals (petals of the 1st row according to the pattern). Also apply solution on them, twist, spin and dry.
22. Glue the petals of the sepals in staggered order under the petals of the 1st row.
23. For the bud, take a hard floral wire and bending one end with a hook, fix it on a strip of fringe. Screw the fringe strip onto the wire (up to a diameter of about 1.5 cm) and glue the base.
24. For one bud you will need 2 yellow coronae (diameter 4.5 and 5 cm) and 3 green sepals (2-5 cm in diameter and 1-4.5 cm in diameter).
25. Making a hole in the center, put the yellow coronae on the stem. Then, bending all the petals to the center, glue them, forming the bud.
26. Then wrap the wire-stem with a strip of leather, greased with glue, press well and cut off the extra leather close to the stem.
27-29. Glue the green sepals, twist the tips of the petals with your fingers and dry. Then put it on the stem with the back side up and glue, bending the petals on the bud. Put the bottom corolla face up and glue only at the base.
30. It remains to glue the entire decor at the back – bud, leaves, feathers, twigs of beads. Do this, making sure that everything is in the right place, looking at the front side of the flower. After that, glue a cardboard circle on the middle, and glue the top of the lining with a clasp (corolla with 6 cm diameter).
- sunflower brooch
- sunflower from the skin
- brooch made of leather
- do themselves
- own hand
- brooch master class
- making flowers
- leather flowers
- making flowers from leather
- color templates
- leather crafts
- learning to work with leather
- flower making
- leather tutorial
- photo tutorial
- download pattern