1. Egg Decor
When we think about beautiful Easter decor, the first thing we remember is, of course, coloring eggs. In shops today you can find loads of dyes and sets for decoration, for every taste and budget. Warning! At the end of the article I will share my experience and photos of coloring with the help of hibiscus tea and red cabbage. Read till the end! :)
Now I will show the most simple and cool ideas:
- eggs in form of unicorns. The horn can be made of foil, you can draw eyes with a marker. Girls will like it :)
- cosmic egg. Hibiscus tea and cabbage give such an effect, so read till the end.
- eggs as bunnies. Make ears of felt or cardboard, tendrils of lace.
- eggs with wreath. It's easy to find small flowers.
2. Cake as a Piece of Art
I just love cooking, especially baking. Therefore, I can write a separate article about it :) The idea of decorating a cake is quite simple — throw away store sprinkles and use your fantasy!
- wrap your cake in beautiful paper. Or not even in beautiful one, in simple kraft paper as in the picture:
- make a coloured icing. Just add a drop of food coloring at the end of the icing preparation — it already looks unusual and festive! By the way, note that the cakes in the photo below are tied with a satin ribbon:
- instead of sprinkling you can use nuts (whole and crushed), almond petals (you can pre-fry them), homemade candied fruits, dried fruits (for example,whole raisins, prunes and dried apricots), poppy seeds, chocolate slices, small marshmallows or meringues:
- also, dried or boiled oranges in syrup. They themselves are insanely delicious, and in the cake even more! They look awesome! Simple and stylish!
- you can even use ready-made cookies, such as macaroons:
- Swiss meringue instead of the usual. This icing`s recipe does not include egg white. There are many advantages: white of the egg is heated, the icing does not crumble and is convenient in operation and the most important thing — it can be burned by the burner!
Cooking is not difficult or scary, be sure to try!
3. Making an Edible Wreath.
- from the dough;
Take your favorite yeasted dough recipe and let your imagination run wild! You can weave a large wreath, as a basket for eggs, or a small wreath-basket for one or two eggs. It looks really impressive on the table!
- meringue or cream;
Here again you will need a recipe for Swiss meringue and pastry syringe (bag).
- if you do not want to bother, you can use a ready tartlet as a nest and fill it with decorative eggs. Eggs can be sculpted from marzipan or mastic. You can also buy iced nuts / raisins — they are very similar to quail eggs :)
4. Bake Themed Cookies.
Cookies and gingerbread in the form of Easter eggs, bunnies, chicken, etc. — the perfect decor for a bright spring holiday!
5. Decorating Easter Cheese-and-curd Cake.
This dish is a must-have on my table. We love it very much, even though you prepare it a whole week, and eat overnight :) if to cook Easter cheese-and-curd cake in a special form, it will be beautiful and does not require additional decoration. But still, you can sprinkle it with poppy seeds or raisins.
Thanks for reading till the end! Now I share, as promised, my experience in coloring eggs.
That's what happened last year (I dyed eggs with red cabbage juice).
Cut cabbage into pieces, you can use a blender. Add vinegar (about 2 tbsp. for 400 g) and let it stand to get juice. If you get not enough juice, you can add a little water.
Eggs should be placed into this solution, right along with the leaves (just because of the leaves you get stains).
Leave from one hour to 4 hours, it depends on what intensity of color you want. Take it out and let dry, do not touch, otherwise the paint may peel off.
This year I will paint with the help of hibiscus. I have already tried, that's what happened:
Prepare a simple brew in a glass, using half of a teaspoon of hibiscus, let stand for an hour. Drain and place an egg there. Decide what color or shade you need.
That's all :) I hope you liked my selection, waiting for your ideas in the comments!