A selection of 6 sewing tricks that will make the process of creativity even more enjoyable.
1. Can't get a straight line? Glue a strip of colored tape of the width you need along the foot. When sewing, make sure that the edge of the fabric goes along the glued strip and the stitch will be smooth.
2. In order to iron the outsize for bending the bottom gently, take a sheet of cardboard and draw a line on one side, retreating from the edge of the width of the bending. Bend the fabric to the line and iron. The bending will be smooth, and the outsize will not be printed on the front side.
3. Do your pins pierce the fabric badly? Use the following lifehack - stick them into the soap. So, the tip of a pin will be easier to pass through any material.
4. If you sew toys and you often have to turn small parts out, this lifehack will help you a lot. You will need a wooden stick (sushi stick) and a wide straw. It is necessary for a stick to be as narrow as to pass through a straw easily. Insert the straw inside the part, on the back side, insert the stick inside the straw. Remove the straw and gently push the cloth along the stick. Do not try hard not to pierce the fabric.
5. The right corner. For a corner of the product to be beautiful and smooth, outsize should be cut in a special way. How to do this is shown in photo 1. If the angle is sharp (less than 90 degrees), cut the outsize closer to the line (photo 2).
6. The threads on the sewn buttons will not tear if you drop colorless nail polish on them.