Today I would like to show you how and with what colors and materials you can paint a picture of the blueberry.
This painting with juicy large berries will be a great decoration for a kitchen.
For the work, we`ll need:
- canvas 20x30 cm;
- thinner or purified oil;
- a few brushes (a flat bristle brush and flat synthetic brush № 4);
- oil paints: indigo, titanium white, phthalo blue, cobalt violet, Mars brown.
This is how it all look:
Let us begin.
1. Mix two colors, phthalo blue and indigo. Add the thinner and mix it till it gets thick and paint the entire canvas with this color. Use a flat bristle brush.
2. Take the second synthetic brush № 4 and, using white, make a sketch of big berries. As the canvas is painted with color and there is thinner on it, white paint, mixing with the background, applies well on the canvas. If the canvas is dry, dip the brush into the thinner and then into white.
3. Then continue to work with the same brush (synthetic № 4). The left berries are in the shadow, so paint them phthalo blue and cobalt violet, adding a bit of white. The right berries are in the light, so add more white on them. Stump it to make the picture smooth. Blueberry is a mat berry, and there are not many sharp flecks and shadows on it.
4. After that, you need to paint the middles in the form of stars. Make them darker with indigo.
5. To make the painting look beautiful and volume, let`s work with the background. Paint out the berries and make the background darker with indigo.
6. Let`s come back to the details. Paint the stars around with white and add a bit of brown.
7. Here is the result: