I offer you a fairly simple tutorial on making Christmas toys that does not require any special skills and knowledge. In the house of every woman there are always small pieces of fabric, lace and ribbons and small decorative elements, of which we will now create our masterpiece. You can replace all the materials that I used in the work with analogues, and the toy will not become worse, on the contrary, it'll get even better! I chose a paisley pattern element, but you can make a round, oval, square, star-shaped toy, etc. If you don't have a sewing machine, all the details can be sewn manually or by using a glue gun, you can replace an acrylic contour with seed beads, beads, sequins. In general, a flight of fancy and ideas is not forbidden, just create :)
A huge plus of these toys is that they look very elegant, beautiful and original, and the best of all is that they do not break and do not take up much space! Hope you will want to decorate your New Year's beauty with these toys. So, let's begin!
The materials for such a toy are cheap, but the warmth of your hands will make it priceless!
1. For the work we need:
- two pieces of thin leather with a size of 10x7 cm (as stated above, you can replace it with fleece or thick cloth, faux leather);
- trim with a width of 0.5 cm and a length of about 50 cm (I do not advise to take a wider trim, because it can be difficult to sew it on round elements);
- a pen;
- acrylic contours: gold, white, with golden sparkles;
- satin ribbon with a size of 1 cm x 15 cm;
- sewing thread.
2. Cut out 2 workpieces so that they connect with the wrong sides.
3. Slightly glue one detail on the reverse side and don't forget to cut and glue the "tail" with a size of 5 cm x 1 cm to thread a ribbon in it later for hanging the toy on a Christmas tree. Fold the "tail" in half and cover with the other part.
4. Press the details tightly to each other to remove all the bubbles inside. Here is what you should get. My details are a little uneven, but it's easily to correct with scissors, focusing on the smaller and smoother detail. It is not necessary to make an ideal detail, as there will be trim at the edges.
5. Start sewing on the trim around the edge of the workpiece. Sew slowly, putting the trim on the edge.
6. The trim is sewn on one side.
7. Turn over the workpiece and sew the trim on the reverse side in exactly the same way to make all the edges smooth and neat.
8. A decorative element is ready. For example, I also sewed a round detail.
9. Proceed to the sacrament of design:). Sequins, crystals, beads and seed beads — all are here! I paint with acrylic contours and glue rhinestones to them (it is very simple and holds great!)
10. Add the outline with gold sequins, and while everything dries, I tie a small bow of satin ribbon, which is attached to the base of the toy with glue.
11. In the process of drying I quickly sewed a few more examples of how you can decorate your toy.
12. Well that's all, my dear! The beauty is ready to get on a Christmas tree, and if it is still early, you can make a gift for your dear and beloved, you will see they will love it!
13. I wish you pleasant and exciting work, I'm sure you will succeed! Thank you for your attention :)