I offer you my version of decoration for a barrette with a clasp.
1. Preparing the base for the barrette. I make it from 2 cardboard parts. You need a thick, dense cardboard which does not break. Binder cardboard or leather board will be good. The upper part should be a little larger to hide the bottom part.
2-3. Glue the top cardboard part with white glue on a piece of leather and cut with allowances of 1 cm. Turn the allowances to the wrong side and glue them. Then evenly distribute the folds, smoothen them and cut off the excess corners with scissors. Punch holes for attaching the clips in the bottom (the smaller) part of the cardboard and take out the spring plate of the mechanism.
4. Then cut out a leather part for wrapping the lower base, mark and cut holes for the mechanism from the wrong side of the bottom base.
5. Open the barrette and insert it from the wrong side of the leather detail.
6. Insert the spring from the right side and close the mechanism.
7-8. Now with the help of brads (metal hardware with whiskers that are used in scrapbooking) attach the mechanism to the cardboard.
9. Then wrap the cardboard base with leather: first spread white glue on each side of the mechanism and then turn allowances to the wrong side and glue as you did before.
10-11. Decorate the upper half of the barrette and then connect it with the bottom part using superglue. I have a decorative peace lily bouquet (or calla lilies, or water arum) — I do not know how they are exactly named, because I do not consider myself a botanist. Using a pattern cut petals of white leather and leaves of green leather. Spread white glue diluted with water on the reverse side of all the details and twist them like a "candy".
12-13. After some time untwist the parts, now there are crinkles on the petals imitating veins, that will give them a more natural look. Naturally shape wet petals with your fingers and let them dry completely. Then paint the reverse side and the edges with white acrylic paint. You can make the upper part of petals slightly green.
14-15. Make 15-17 cm long stems of green leather and wire: spread white glue on the smooth edge of leather, spread it thinly to a width of 1 cm and put a stiff floral wire.
16-17. Then turn the edge by 5 mm, glue it well, wrapping the wire by leather with a tool (a dots). Then cut leather with a sharp craft knife close to the wire.
18-19. Cut a flower head of gold or yellow leather and attach it to the stem with white glue, wrapping it in a circle.
20-21. Glue a petal to the base of the flower head. You can cut the stems to the desired length or make fancy spirals. To make spirals form a loop in the end of the stem with pliers.
22. Then continue to twist the stem to the desired length.
23. Make a bouquet of all three flowers, giving spirals an interesting form.
24-25. Now add different decorations to the back part: leaves, feathers, loops of leather strips.
26-27. Make large leaves with flower stems (to give them shape and rigidity): glue leather around the half of a piece of 12 cm long wire as for the stem, put the other half on the wrong side of the leaf and glue a strip of leather on it.
28-29. Glue on the bouquet with superglue on the top part of the barrette, add more leaves. Then, to make the mounting more secure, tie it to the base. To do this, punch holes on each side of the bouquet, tie on the decor to the base through these holes using leather cord.
30-31. It remains only to connect 2 parts of the barrette with superglue and let it dry. The ends of the cord can be decorated with beads or leaves.
32. Using the same principle you can make a hair barrette with any decor:
I wish you a creative success, active sales and have a nice shopping!!!
- master class
- work with skin
- their hands
- barrette leather
- barrette with flowers
- download the pattern
- leather flowers
- hairpin machine
- patterns flowers
- templates colors
- brooches crumbs
- bouquet of flowers
- a master class on skin
- souvenirs from the skin
- gifts from the skin