This is a short tutorial on how to carve beautiful roses on a watermelon. For this, you need only 1 Thai knife for carving (a short knife with a narrow slim blade).
A similar technique can be used on any dense vegetable like potatoes, radish, zucchini, etc.
Watch the video or use the step-by-step instruction below:
1. Remove the rind:
2. Mark a circle for one flower:
3. Cut out a narrow ring around the circumference and remove the strip:
4. Cut out strips to shape petals:
5. All is done the same way:
6. In the end, you have a watermelon colourful flowers!