I suggest everyone travel 100 or even 200 years ago and see a piece of the past of North America.
History has preserved for us these rare vintage photos of girls belonging to different tribes of the indigenous population of an American continent. The photos were made in the late 1800s - early 1900s, but despite their age, they are in perfect conditions and give us the opportunity to look at the faces of people who lived long ago.
In traditional Indian culture, women were given a greater role, they had the same rights as men in many tribes. The Indian women as homekeepers owed the house and everything in it.
Once more than two thousand different tribes and peoples lived in North America, each tribe had its own traditional ideas about clothing, life, customs. Nowadays, there are about a thousand tribes which have changed a lot.
But we're going back in time. Pleasant viewing :)
1. Marcia Pascal — half Cherokee, the daughter of George Pascal, an officer of the American army, 1880.
2. Oh-o-obi, Kiowa, 1894.
3. Hattie Tom, the Apaches tribe, 1899.
4. A native American girl, 1870-1900.
5. Gertrude Three Finger, a Cheyenne representative, 1869-1904.
6. Naregi Cherokee, Lakota.
7. Elsie Vance Chestuen, Chiricahua.
8. A girl from the Taos Pueblo tribe, 1880-1890.
11. A Kiowa girl, 1892.
12. Nice Nose, Cheyenne, 1878.