I present you a DIY on creating an elegant brooch with a lunasoft cabochon.
- 18 mm Lunasoft cabochon
- 6mm Swarovski pearl beads – 10 pieces (B6)
- 4mm Swarovski pearl beads – 10 pieces (B4)
- 3mm Swarovski pearl beads – 20 pieces (two colors 10 pieces) (B3)
- 2.5mm Swarovski crystals – 20 pieces (BC)
- No. 8 Toho beads (T8)
- No. 11 Toho beads (T11)
- No. 15 Toho beads (T15)
- #11 Delica beads (D11)
- a brooch clasp with a diameter of 3 cm
- any thread for beads (I used Fireline)
1. Needle the thread and pick beads in the following order: B6, D11, T11, B4, T11, D11, B6; D11, B3, D11.
And close the ring.
2. Pass the needle and thread through 6 mm beads and pick: D11, T11, B4, T11, D11, B6, D11, B3, D11, and again close the ring, remove the needle from the first 6 mm bead.
3. Now go through the D11, T11, B4, T11, D11, B6 and pick D11, B3, D11, B6, D11, T11, B4, T11, D11. To close the ring, insert the needle through the previous B6, and bring it through D11, B3, D11, B6. Do it 10 times, and you'll get a ring like in photo 2. The Lunasoft on this photo is just for a try! :)
4. Bring the needle from the little B3 bead, and pick 2.5 mm Swarovski bicones as in photo 3.
5. Bring the needle out of the D11 bead in the top row, take one T15 bead and introduce the needle into the neighboring D11.
6. Get this:
7. Now pass the needle through a small № 15 bead and pick T15, T11, B3, T11, D11, T15.
8. Introduce the needle into the B4 bead in the bottom row.
9. Pick T15, D11, T11 and introduce into the green bead B3.
10. Pick T11, T15 and introduce the needle into a small No. 15 bead in the top row.
11. So move in a circle and get the following (the Lunasoft is also for a try here):
12. Pass through beads with the needle and go down into the bottom row bringing the needle out of the T11 bead (near B4). Pick T15, BC, T15 and introduce the needle into the next No. 11 bead.
13. And get (apply the white Lunasoft):
14. Going through the beads, bring the needle to the wrong side of a D11 bead, and pick T15, T11 beads x 3, T15. Then introduce the needle into the next D11 bead.
16. Apply the Lunasoft for fitting:
17. Bring the needle from the middle T11 bead (from step 14) and pick: T15, T11 beads x 5, T15. Introduce the needle into the middle T11 bead (from step 14).
18. Repeat in a circle:
19. Apply the Lunasoft (photo 18) and pick by one T11 bead between T11 beads (from step 17) . Photo 19.
20. Close the ring:
21. Pick T15 beads between T11 beads and pass through all beads of the last two rows again for reliability.
22. The element for a pendant or brooch is ready.
23. As I decided to make a brooch, I made one more row the following way. I brought the needle out of a T11 bead, picked D11 beads x 3, one T11, and again D11 beads x 3. inserted the needle into the next T11 bead.
24. Then I applied a fastener with a diameter of 3 cm, and picked T8 beads through T11 beads. Thus, I closed the ring. In the last row, I picked tiny beads alternating T15 with T8.
25. Passed twice. Tightened. Ready!
The diameter of the brooch is 3,7 cm, very delicate, light and can be worn on a thin blouse or dress :)
Thank you for your attention!
P.S. Since this is my first DIY, please comment or contact me if you notice any mistake or inaccuracy. Thank you!