Weaving a Summer Dew Dream Catcher
- Difficulty: Medium
To begin with, get acquainted with the materials used for the catcher:
- wicker hoop
- needle with a blunt end
- suede cord (or thread, or any other cord)
- wooden and glass beads
- flowers from DECO polymer clay
- thermo gun
- and, of course, a good spring mood ;)
1. Materials are ready.
2. Fix the thread with a knot.
3. Stretch the thread across the hoop and fix it, twisting around.
4. Then fix the next spiral at the same distance. You should have 7 divisions at the lower part of the hoop. The upper part is leaft without the thread.
5. Now, for convenience, pass thread through the needle and make a loop at the top, and then stretch the thread to the first loop (where you started). Pass and fix the thread through the center of the loop.
6. Continue weaving the whole second row of webs to the previous one. Now you should have 6 loops.
7. After you've fixed the last loop, pick the first bead on the thread.
8. Now this thread is again extend to the top center of the hoop.
9. Go around the hoop and fix the loop.
10. Take the thread to the opposite edge.
11.Pick a bead on this thread, then fasten with another knot in the center of the loop.
12. Continue weaving the third row to the web. Now you should have 5 loops. After the last loop, a bead is picked and the thread is stretched to the top center of the hoop, is fixed. Then again...
13. Continue until you finish the row consisting of eight beads, four on each side.
14. The Central thread without a bead is extended to the top of the hoop.
15. Firmly fix with a double knot and cut off the thread.
16. The cord is put in half and tied to the hoop, this is the cord the catcher will hang on.
17. Fix it with a bead.
18. Tie three cords at the bottom of the catcher.
19. Fix each cord with a bead and pick beads on the middle.
20. Take feathers, three feathers of different colors are inserted at the same time.
21. Add per bead on each cord up to feathers.
22. Now you should apply flowers to the catcher.
23. Using thermo gun, fasten the flowers between the branches.
24. Congratulations! The catcher is ready!
Let summer fill your dreams :)