This article is created for beginners who want to make good pics of their items and for fans of the excuses "I have a bad camera", "I have nowhere to shoot", "I don't know how to work with Photoshop".
I want to assure you that you can do without a lightbox, DSLR and Photoshop to get a decent photo of your jewelry.
Use the following tips:
1. Set up closer to the source of natural lighting, for example, by the window. Remember that there should not be direct sunlight.
2. Get 2-3 backgrounds. This may be a plain paper for scrapbooking, embossed sheets of watercolour paper or fabric with a pleasant texture. It may be plain, with no bright spots and patterns.
3. Dark items are shot against light background, not white. A background should just be lighter than an item.
4. Background for light items should be darker than the jewelry.
5. Select a few accessories for shooting, they should be multi-purpose for each item. This would also help to make the design of your shop recognisable.
6. Lay every item harmoniously. It is recommended to set the composition horizontally, the photo looks better.
7. Use simple photo editors.
Please note — the better the original picture, the less you process it. Select editors that save the image size and resolution, like a standard Microsoft photo editor which is found on each computer.
Crop the edges of the photo, increase the brightness by moving the slider in the appropriate settings, change contrast, saturation, temperature that will help to get rid of bluish tint.
Remember! Just do all moderately! And do not forget that improvement should be continuous!