Materials and Tools:
- combed wool tape of 2 colours (yellow, red)
- pincushion to fix needles
- needles for felting: coarse #36 and fine star #38
- brush for felting
- Moment Crystal glue
- brushes for painting
- dry pastels
- high gloss varnish for artwork
1. If you work with a combed tape, fluff it up and tangle.
2. Put wool on the brush for felting and start felting with rough needle #36. If you want to speed up the process, use a pincushion fixing 2-3 needles in it. Or the needles can be fastened together with a rubber band.
3. Add volume. Take one needle No.36 and move it diagonally. Insert the needle deepply so that wool is felted inside. Shape an oval.
4. Add small fluffy and torn pieces of wool in places where ears should be. Shape triangulars with your fingers and attach to the blank. Use the rough needle No. 36.
5. Take two equal parts of fluffed wool and felt two blanks of hind paws. Leave wool on the main blank unfelted to attach the details.
6. Felt the paws deeply.
7. Turn over the blank. Add some wool on the cheeks of the future kitten and increase the volume.
8. Shape the eye socket oof a smaller diameter then the eyes. Insert the needle as deeply as possible.
9. Take the glue and gently soak the sockets. Wait, the wool should soak it up.
10. Apply the eyes. Strongly press them with your fingers, try not to damage or deform the sockets.
11. Take a small piece of well fluffed wool and increase the size of the forehead.
12. Felt a small nose blank of red wool with the thin needle No. 38.
13. Felt the blank. Insert the needle diagonally to save the volume.
14. Roll two identical loose blanks for the front paws, leave wool unfelted at the join. Felt the paws to the body.
15. Hide the joins from the backside well with torn pieces of wool.
16. Felt a loose tail blank. Shape a curve with your fingers and fix it with a needle. As usual, leave the join unfelted.
17. Felt the tail to the body with the needle No.36. Hide the join with the needle No.38.
18. If you wish, highlight the tummy with light yellow wool. Use torn pieces of wool and the needle No.38.
Then grind the toy. Pin it with the thin needle very frequently, covering it with thin torn wool strands.
19. Form the upper lip and the mouth. Insert the needle as deeply as possible.
20. Form the belly button with point deep movements. If desired, make a smile :)
21. Take pastel crayons and brushes.
22. Crumble the crayons. Thin and dark lines are applied more intensely. Tone the areas around the eyes, nose, mouth and the navel.
23. Also paint the ears, apply strips and eyebrows.
24. The nose of the kitten is coated with acrylic varnish in 2-3 layers, wait for complete drying of each layer.
25. Stick a magnet.
26. You can place something in the paw. Pierce the paw and repeatedly, not pulling out the needle, move back and forth.
27. Insert a wire and bend it at the end.
28. The kitten is ready!
I sincerely wish you joy and smiles :)