1) Use white carded wool of 27-32 micron and a #36 needle with a triangular cross-section.
2) First make the body, a three dimensional oval with a very dense base.
3) Next, felt a ball almost 3 times less than the body.
4) Join the body and the head. The ball and the torso should be positioned at an angle of approximately 45 degrees relative to each other (see photo).
5) Make incisions vertically and horizontally using the needle — it is the center of the muzzle.
6) Roll four small balls with tassels. The dimensions of the balls are defined by the diameter of the head = 15 small balls. You need only 4 of them.
7) Place other balls — for the nose, lower lip, two parts for whisker.
8) Mark future sockets. The diameter of the orbits is equal to the diameter of whiskers (roughly).
9) Shape the orbit.
10) Smooth the part from cheeks to the chin and lower lip.
11) Add plump cheeks.
12) Try to keep the symmetry and the smoothness of the transitions.
13) Form a triangle of wool, folding the strands like a paper airplane.
14) Felt the blank to the body.
15) Make a smooth transition between the foot and the back using additional wool. Make the foot denser.
16) Repeat steps 13 to 15 for another side.
17) Increasing the volume under the chest.
18) Make two similar hemispheres for hind legs.
19), Fasten to the body. Similarly make the second leg.
20) Smooth the transitions from the legs to the torso.
21) Put your index finger to the area from the chin to the bottom of the chest. Feel any empty space inside? If so, you need to add wool to form the neck.
22) While adding, form a semi-circular base elongated neck.
23) When the cat is lying, the line of its back is rounded.
24) Add additional wool to the back to achieve the desired shape.
25) Then increasing in the gap between the front and back foot.
26) Make a sausage of medium density. Its length should be the length from the center of the back to the base of the hind legs.
27) Apply and felt up. The tip of the tail is laid to the beginning of the hips.
28) Notice that to place the base of the tail, felt the workpiece with its front end.
29) Felt two equal triangles.
30) Shape ears.
32) Felt them up.
33) Insert the eyes. Great :)
34) Felt the upper eyelids.
35) Apply them diagonally. Felt up.
36) Gently "lift" the eyelids up revealing the eyes, and form the desired shape.
37) Add some wool to form folds over.
38) I felt the nose directly on the toy.
39) Shape the nose and the nostrils and the groove between them, to achieve greater realism.
40) And now it's time to add beautiful spot :) Each of you can "paint" the kitty at own sole discretion :)
41) Add the spots. Here's the kitty from different angles :)
42) Rub a little pastel flour and gently highlight the eye contour (gray or brown), little grooves between the nozzle and sponge (pink, gray, beige), ears (pink or beige) with a thin brush. You can focus on other areas of the toy.
That's all, the kitty is ready! :) Good luck and success to you! :)