It's almost winter outside, so an urgent need to warm feet appears. Let's make it not only qualitatively, but also beautiful!
1. For workб take
- 70-100 g of woolen blend yarn (300 m / 100 g)
- 25 g of kid-mohair (250 m / 25 g)
- set of 5 double-edged needles #2,5
2. Cast on48 loops on 2 needles.
3. Distribute the loops on 4 needles, 12 loops on each, join into a ring.
4. Work 10 elastic rows 1 per 1. Knit and purl stitches are aternated.
5. Next, knit with a stockinette stitch on 3 needles (knit behind front loops), and work a fancy pattern according to the scheme on another needle. Rapport of the pattern is 12 loops. Place the pattern so that it was on the middle front of the sock.
Knit 12 cm this way.
6. Go to the heel. For that, cast all loops on 2 needles. One half of the loops (24 loops) is used for the heel, the second part with the pattern in the center is left unattended. Knit 16 rows per 24 stitches on the heel using 2 needles with stockinette stitches in turning rows.
7. Divide the 24 stitches of the heel on 3 parts to get 8 loops. For clarity, you can mark these pieces with contrasting threads or pins.
Next knit this way:
7 loops, 2 loops together. Knit together the last loops of the lateral and middle parts.
Next 6 loops of the middle part, 2 loops together.
Turn the knitting round. Knit only middle loops, the last loops of the middle part are worked together with the last loops of the lateral parts.
Continue so until only 8 loops remain on the needle.
8. Cast on 12 loops of the heel edge and come to knitting on 5 needles in a circle.
9. Work 17 cm for the foot.
10. Then decreases on the toe follow. For that, work the last two loops on each needle together until you have 4 loops on the needles. Throw the loops on a thread, tighten, tuck the thread on the backside and carefully hide it.
11. Wash the socks with a fabric softener and enjoy the result.
This DIY was prepared and published in All About Crafts magazine, October 2014.
If you copy this tutorial, please remember an active link to this page.
Thank you for your attention, wish you much success!