Hand blown, the bottom trace is from the glass blowing tube, glass yellow tango, black thread on the throat of the vase.
1920 - 1930s.
Vase of Bohemian glass in the style of art Deco.
The Factory Of The Widow Of Johann Of Letta
In 1836 the widow of Johann of Letta founded a glass factory in the city Klastersky Mlyn (Klastersky Mlyn), Bohemia. The main specialization of this factory was the creation of iniziavano glass. Special popularity, this factory was acquired in the late 19th century, when it was created many different in form and colour products in style Art Deco. The company Letz was the most advanced and successful manufacturer of art glass in Bohemia in the period from about 1890 to 1930. She gained fame thanks to its innovative technology, organic forms of its products and use of bold color combinations.
High quality and artistic sophistication of the works in the factory of the Widow of Johann of Letta confirms the fact that in 1900 at the world exhibition in Paris all exhibited products were awarded the Grand Prix.
Presented to You by a vase made of glass called "tango". Glass tango is known worldwide and was invented by Josef Riedel in the late 19th century. This glass is very difficult to manufacture, so it produced very little. Glass has three layers, where the two transparent layers to melt a thin layer of colored glass.
In the 20-ies of the 20th century in the factory, "Widow of Lets" ( Loetz) has developed a large collection of this glass in the art Nouveau style (bought from Th.Riedel). Called this collection "tango", and from this time also began to call this kind of glass.
Condition is very good.
Height 16 cm.
Diameter top of vase - 10 cm