Knife sharpener of own production. This tool-grinding device is intended for sharpening, dressing and fine-tuning of the cutting edge of knives, and various cutting tools.
1. The device respects the specified exact angle between the abrasive and the cutting edge of the sharpened object with an accuracy of 0.1 degrees. The possible range of the angle of sharpening is from 11 to 38 degrees, depending on the thickness of the sharpened object.
2. The machine is made to the last screw completely of steel, with a high margin of safety, optimal weight and dimensions. The horizontal guide, the vertical stand, 3 knife stops, mechanical clamp, and 2 abrasive holders are made of stainless steel, which does not magnetize, which eliminates full contact with the installed magnets. As a result, the sharpening process runs smoothly, without jerks and restrictions.
3. There is a possibility of fixing the knife in two ways: using strong magnets (20 * 5mm. 5.5kg each), and using a central mechanical clamp.
4. Fixation of the abrasive is carried out using universal holders made of aviation duralumin alloy D16T. Duralumin is light, strong, and at the same time carefully treats the ends of your stones. Also, in contact with the cutting edge of the knife, the holders will not damage it. You can clamp both straight forms with an end face of 90 degrees, and beveled like an apex. The size of the clamped abrasive is limited only to a length of 200 mm. We all know the sizes of stones that exist on sale, are easy to install, and sit tight.
5. There is an adjusting (leveling) ring, which allows you to keep the exact degree when changing abrasives of different thicknesses.
6. On the horizontal guide there are 2 stops with springs, which limit the movement of the abrasive, which as a result increases safety during sharpening to a maximum, and also reduces to zero the risk of damage to the cutting edge of the knife by the holders.
7. The handle is made of hard wood, coated with wear-resistant varnish, a metal threaded sleeve is installed inside.
8. All steel parts of the machine (with the exception of screws and stainless steel parts) are painted with high-quality enamel followed by temperature polymerization in the furnace, which provides not only a good appearance, but also corrosion resistance, as well as protection against damage within a reasonable amount.
9. Stable non-slip fixation on the desktop, due to its large weight, and polyurethane legs.
We love our work and our products, and we are anxious for each machine. Each instance is individually assembled, lubricated and tested for smooth sliding of the guide and the assembly, the absence of backlash, and the quality of threaded joints.
Pay attention to the available add-ons.
Description and photos can be viewed by going to the main part of the store (showcase).
How to keep
1. Systematically care for the device. Avoid excessive ingress and accumulation of dust, dirt, and water on the moving parts of the machine.
2. Before starting work, make sure that all screws are well secured. The fixing of the stone in the holders should be moderate. Be sure to use the limiters.
3. After finishing work, remove dust, dirt, and moisture from the device, wipe it, and add some grease to the movable hinge assembly, the horizontal arm, and the vertical stand. Systematic lubrication of the device will prolong its service, reduce possible extraneous sounds, and protect it from corrosion.