This video shows the process of drawing a bullfinch, a winter and one of the most beautiful birds, in my opinion :)
- dry pastel "Sonnet";
- sketchbook for pastel "Palazzo";
- white chalk "Schmincke";
- Derwent pastel pencils and Faber Castell white pencil.
- Make a sketch with a white pencil — the shape of a bird and rowan branches.
- Using four shades, draw the background, in the center — a light shade, the edges are darker to highlight the main object — the bird, shade everything.
- Apply the main colors in large spots, try to make strokes in the direction of feather growth, shade everything, you can use a silicone brush or cotton buds for shading.
- With white pencil work with the feathers, detailing them, use black for eyes and a beak, draw highlights with white and gray pencils or crayons on eyes.
- Continue to work with the feathers, drow in strokes in the direction of growth, use a few shades of gray, black, white, light pink.
- Draw rowan branches, white chalk use for snow on berries, add pink shade to the background, shade everything, sign your work :)
Clases magistrales sobre el tema