How to Glue Sandpaper of any Length
- Difficulty: Easy
This tutorial is about a simple way of self-gluing of sandpaper of any length.
When using grinding machines is very important to have a sandpaper of the desired length and fineness of the grain.
In this embodiment, the grinding belt works well, no different from a professional option from shops.
Using the techniques of self-production of sanding bands can greatly simplify the process of selecting the right sanding bands and independently choose the manufacturer of high-quality grinding material.
Typically, professional sanding bands are sold per a meter, and ready-made tapes from DIY shops wear out too fast, because they are initially not designed for high-quality continuous production work.
Use our simple technique and work with pleasure!
1. Buy sanding material per a meter. Select it according to the parameters you need: grain, type of sprinkling, meters.
2. Buy shop sanding tape, selecting it according to the parameters of your grinding machine.
Graininess does not matter much, because this tape we will use as a template for cutting.
3. Place and cut our a piece of tape in the size of the template.
4. Fold around 1 cm around the edge of the tape and smooth it with a back of the office knife.
5. Apply superglue to this place, press the wooden bar and give time for super glue to dry for about 2 minutes.
6. Carefully tear off the bar, there remains abrasive from the tape.
Repeat this on the second side of the tape.
7. Glue together the two ends of the tape with superglue.
Pay attention to the marks on the sanding belt, indicating the direction of rotation.
Naturally, after gluing and grinding the overlap of the joint should be glued so that it does not cling to the workpiece.
Impose the upper edge of the tape towards the drawn arrows.
It is also important to carefully align the side edges so that there is no bias tape.
8. Press it with the bar and clamps, waiting for the glue to dry.
The tape is ready to use.